These are the best, simplest rolled sugar cookies I have ever made. The dough comes together quickly, rolls out like a red carpet, and can be reworked and refrigerated multiple times. Perfect for the holidays, or any days.
Wish you had an awesome cookie cutter for any occasion? Check out this post to learn how to make your own!
Fool Proof Rolled Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. (Need some clarifications about this step? Go here > Creaming Method for a tutorial.)
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and making sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl often.
4. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes before adding half of the dry ingredients. Beat on high for 30 seconds, scrape the sides of the bowl, and beat on high for another 30 seconds. Add the rest of the flour and repeat until dough is consistent.
5. To prepare dough for cookie cutters, tightly wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour, then roll out on well floured surface.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 6-8 minutes (or longer, depending on the thickness/size). Cool completely before icing.